Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Fresh Start

I started walking when the kids went back to school. I wanted to start to eat better and start loosing weight again, but that didn't happen. Instead I gained about 7-10lbs and started to feel even worse.

So here it is November and this time I am accountable to a friend and we are helping each other out. I have a certain amount of carbs I eat a day and send my end daily carb log to her. I have been using this neat site that records what you eat during the day and your weight.

I have also been going on walks Monday, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays & Saturday mornings around the block. This gives me time to connect with God and get a nice walk in as well.

It's not just a physical change, it's a spiritual one as well. This helps me get my heart and mind in the right place. Today's lab was on Romans 8:3-4. Each lab or lesson is only 8-10 minutes, a great way to get the Word in every day.      

 I think it's all about the small steps: Food planning, making lunches in advance and buying from the outside of the grocery aisles.

 Food Planning:

Making Lunches in Advance:
  • I bought 5 small plastic dishes. I made salad for the week and put them in a container, one for each day of the week day.
  • Cut up fruit and veggies so they are ready to eat.
Buying From the Outside:
  • I buy veggies, meat, cheese & dairy
  • Spaghetti squash and zucchini  are great for spaghetti noodles
Here are my numbers for today:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs & 2 sausage patties
Lunch: Salad with ham, cucumber, tomatoes, carrots & french dressing 
Snack: 2 sausage patties and raspberries
Dinner: Pot Roast with broccoli and carrots



No comments:

Post a Comment